Judge for yourself if these are things that happen without the state elections providing the inspiration:
* Hundreds of Tuai Rumah and Ketua Kaum gathered for a government `training’ in Sri Aman where they are put up in hotels for a few days;
* The Rm450.00/month allowance for the Tuai Rumah is suggested to be doubled to Rm800.00/month next year!
* Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin is taking a rare visit to the northern border of Sarawak close to X-mas-stopping in Limbang and Lawas;
*Another Minister Rais Yatim announced thousands of note-books have been given away to school kids in Sarawak, while visiting Limbang;
* CM Taib announced that 2000 hectare of land will be given to independent Chinese schools -something he had never done in the last 30 year of his rule;He even offered to ask for more help for the Chinese community from the Federal government;
* CM announced health assistance to impoverished Pulau Bruit residents whose lands have been acquired/taken by the State Government -before selling off to some corporate companies;
*A big gathering in Kapit has just been organised by the Federal ministry where numerous locals were given prizes from lucky draws;
If the BN is so keen to start campaigning why not announce the date of the state elections ahead of time so that all sides have plenty of time to approach the voters? Why wait till everything is done by the ruling parties and then call for elections to catch the Opposition party by surprise? Free and fair elections demand that all candidates/parties are given adequate time to promote their policies to the voters so that the voters can make informed choices. As it is the voters are making choices by hearing from only 1 side.-which is a gross weakness of our electoral system.