Very otherwise funny things are happening around Bersih rally:
1. Mahathir claimed that the rally may become a Malay vs non-Malay brawl; Perkasa seems more updated than the old man-they claimed that the pro- and anti-free elections clash will be well represented by Malays on both sides; Mathathir who wear a racial blinkers on his eyes all his life seems to be outdated;
2. Ali Rustam, UMNO’s warlord, want to strip Ambiga of her citizenship! He really is someone `pantang dicabar'(can’t accept any challenge). Is he mentally challenged or egotictically challeneged?
3. Najib made personal attacks on Ambiga as someone who is anti-Islam because she represented a muslim Lina Joy who wanted out of the religion. Does it mean that Najib do not allow any legal representations for muslims who want to get out of the religion if he has his ways? His commitment to rule of laws seems suspect!
4. Najib made a lot of the rally being possible to turn violent. Just on account of the number? Najib himself have been reported to address huge crowds of 20 000(Kelanatan), 15 000(Sipitang, Sabah) all over the country.How about the boastful million-youth rally in Putrajaya? They themselves never for a moment seems worried if these crowds could turn violent-so why he and his media and `academic’ supporters would liberally cast suspicion on the Bersih rally as being a combustible mob? Hypocrisies aplenty!
5. Najib claim that he is keeping his `claws’-meaning he has the option to mobilise his 3million party members to `counter’ the Bersih rally if he want to. He further said that it would be irresponsible of him to do it. Wonder why he need to counter the bersih rally with his 3million supporters? Why isn’t he able to answer the demands from Bersih and improve the election administration once and for all? By claiming his `claws’ does he mean that he is not ruling with the consent of the voters-but with his access to tools of violence? This claim definitely raise numerous suspicions and uncertainties.
It is `funny’ that with the `claws’ and `3million’ supporters why is the BN/UMNO express what can easily be seen as expression of fear towards the Bersih’s rally which only target 300 000 crowd at the most? Some boastfulness had a traffic accident with common sense here! The distance that UMNO top leaders have gone to demonise Bersih and to attack Bersih’s leaaders shows that they are either cooking up a storm in a teacup(ie the `claws’ and the 3million supporters have basis of truth) or really they have something to fear deeply-thus the far fetched scare-mongerings! You need to take political talks with a pinch of salt as always!