1. They are waiting for the transport from Lawas to Long Semadoh and Ba’kelalan. Which will take approximately 3 to 4 hours to Long Semadoh and another 1 to 2 hours from Long Semadoh to Ba’kelalan. They are at the drivers mercy.
2. Goods loaded in to Toyota Hilux. Villages are watching and waiting. Very unsafe means of transport. Everyone and every thing are squeezed into one 4 by 4.
3. No safety features. Here in Kuala Lumpur the rear seat passengers have to buckle up, but not in Lawas the villages have to endure such a unsafe means of transport.
4. One leg out and one leg in and they pay RM50 to RM100 per person one way. Villages cannot effort to visit their children weekly of even monthly. The Government knows all this and they have not done anything. When the price of fuel reached RM2.70 a litter from RM1.90 they did not think about this poor villages from Long Semadoh and Ba’kelalan. They can not effort to buy groceries for their families it is too expensive. To visit doctors at Lawas District Hospital is too expensive.
5. That’s not all they will have to drive through dust, muddy water and rain and a drunk man amongst them.
6. Poor ladies, not all the time they enjoy the rear seats. Sometimes they squeeze more than 6 people in the rear cabin.
7. on a good day
8. on an average day
9. on a bad day
Huge potential in tourism industry. Places like Long Semado have so much to offer. We only need a simple road to be built from Lawas to Long Semado.
It will spur :
1. Service industry transport
2. Parents can visit their children more often
3. It will improve agriculture and farming industry
4. Visits to Lawas District Hospital will be easier
5. Ambulance services can be provided
6. Children studying in Lawas can visit their family and help in their paddy fields during holidays
7. It will spur tourism
8. Doctors can visit patients in Long Semado
9. It will be cheaper to construct schools in Long Semado
10. We can organize marathons, mountain biking and hiking events and more.